A moment of appreciation for Dreadwing’s awesome weapons table of explosions and death. Let’s break ‘em down!
- We’ve got three of his signature, remotely detonated “vanity” bombs. Given Wheeljack’s statement that they’re “a work of art”, and the fact that only Dreadwing can defuse them, we can probably assume each one is personally hand crafted.
- The orange lighted cylinders are special ammunition for his gun/sword which usually fires simple, red laser shots much like the other Decepticons’ weapons. However, during his fight with Optimus in Triangulation,he shifts its shooting capability mid-battle to send out these explosive rounds instead.
- There are two machine gun looking things on the table too, one of which he picks and examines before Megatron calls him. We have yet to see these puppies used in combat by him.
obsessive interesting Dreadwing facts…
- In Loose Cannons, Optimus mentions that Dreadwing led an armada of Energon Seekers back on Cybertron. (Note that in Partners, Starscream states that he led a squadron)… I wonder what happened to both teams…
- Dreadwing’s ship was indeed shot down by Wheeljack, but not destroyed. Fowler and the American military hauled the wreckage away, hence why Dreadwing needed to hail the Nemesis with his “phone” for pick-up.
- Unlike Starscream or Bumblebee, Dreadwing’s kibble-wings hang low down his back. While they do slightly move to correspond to his body language and mood, they are nowhere near as expressive as the two former examples. For, you see, Dreadwing is a master of all weaponry; and emotions are the greatest weapon of all.